Koondhal (Squid) - 300 gm
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 t spoon
Coriander Powder - 2 t spoon
Chilly Powder - 1 t spoon
Dried Chilly - 2 nos
Potato - 2 small chopped into small cubes
Tomato - 1 medium sliced
Onion - 1 small sliced length wise
Green Chilly - 1 split into half
Cooking Oil - 2 1/2 table spoon
Salt - To taste
Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
Coconut Slices - chopped into fine pieces
Mustard Seeds - 1 t spoon
- Clean and chop the squids into small square pieces.
- Heat a pan and add one table spoon oil and roast the grated coconut.
- Once it turns light brown add chilly powder, coriander powder, dried red chillies and roast it well.
- Once roasted, transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool. Grind this into a paste using a mixer/grinder.
- Take an earthern pot (chatti) and add the chopped squid pieces and cook it with 1 cup of water, chopped potatoes, turmeric powder, sliced onions, green chillies, tomato and salt.
- Once cooked, add the grinded paste and cook for about 7 minutes and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add the remaining oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds and add the coconut pieces.
- Once fried add the curry leaves and transfer these contents to the curry.