Peas - 1 1/2 cup
Potatoes - 2no.s
Onion - 1medium
Tomato - 1medium
Cashew nuts - 10no.s (Grind to a fine paste)
Water - 1 cup
Coriander powder - 1 1/2 t spoon
Red chilly powder - 1 t spoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 t spoon
Ginger - 1" inch
Garlic - 3 cloves
Oil - 3 table spoon
Kasoori methi - 2 t spoon
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Soak peas in water for about 3-4 hrs.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and saute sliced onions till turns tender.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder, corriander powder and mix well.
- Add the peas and mix well for 1 minute and add chopped potatoes.
- Add the water, close the lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Once pressure is released, open the lid and cook over a very low flame.
- Add sliced tomatoes and cashew nut paste and mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add kasoori methi and curry leaves.
Now it is ready to serve. It is a great combination with chappati.