Tiger Prawns - 7 no.s (Marinate with salt, pinch of turmeric, 1 t spoon red chilly powder and keep aside for 15 mins)
Onion - 1 no. (sliced 1/2 lengthwise)
Green Chilly - 2 no.s (split into half)
Tomato - 1 no. (Sliced lengthwise)
Curry leaves - few
Red chilly powder - 2 t spoon
Coriander powder - 1 t spoon
Turmeric powder - 1/2 t spoon
Mustard seed - 1 t spoon
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 t spoon
Cooking Oil - 2 1/2 table spoon
Coconut Milk (thin) - 3/4 cup
Water - 1/2-1cup
Salt - to taste
- Heat a saucepan and add cooking oil.
- Splutter mustard seed, add sliced onions, green chilly and sauté well.
- Add ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt to taste.
- Add the marinated tiger prawns and mix well.
- Add sliced tomatoes, mix well and add 1/4 cup water and allow to cook for 10 mins under low heat.
- Once cooked add coconut milk and 1/4 cup water and cook for 5-7 mins.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
Spicy chemmeen curry (Prawns coconut milk curry) is ready to eat. You can have this with Rice, Dosa, Chappathi etc