Egg - 4 no.s
Grated Coconut - 3/4 cup
Onion - 1 medium (Sliced half length wise)
Shallots - 10 nos. (Sliced into half)
Garlic - 3 cloves (Chopped into fine pieces)
Ginger - 1/2 inch (Chopped into fine pieces)
Tomato - 1 medium (Sliced into big 6 pieces)
Curry Leaves - few
Coriander Powder - 1 1/2 t spoon
Red Chilly Powder - 2 t spoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 t spoon
Chicken Masala Powder - 1/4 t spoon
Salt - to taste
Mustard Seeds - 1 t spoon
Cooking Oil - 3 table spoon
- Heat a pan and roast the grated coconut. (If needed you can add oil for roasting but I normally don't prefer it.)
- Once it turns light brown add coriander powder, roast it well.
- Once roasted, transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool. Grind this into a paste using a mixer/grinder.
- Boil the eggs, remove the shell and keep it aside after slicing in to half.
- Heat 2 table spoon of oil in an earthen pot and add ginger, garlic and shallots and saute well.
- Add sliced onions and saute again.
- Add salt, turmeric, chilly powder, chicken masala and mix well.
- Add sliced tomato and mix. Pour 1/4 cup water.
- Add the sliced egg pieces and mix with the masala softly without breaking the eggs.
- Then add the grinded paste with 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. Once ready transfer it to a bowl.
- Heat a pan and add 1 table spoon of oil.
- Add mustard seeds & curry leaves.
- Transfer it over the cooked curry.