Pacha Kaaya (Raw Plantain) - 2 nos medium (Chop it into small pieces)
Shallots - 5 nos
Onion - 1 medium (Chopped finely)
Green Chilly - 3 nos (Split into half)
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 t spoon
Coarse Pepper Powder - 1 t spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 t spoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 t spoon
Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
Salt - To taste
Oil - 1 1/2 table spoon
- Grind shallots and coconut either using mortar and pestle or using mixer. If you are using mixer make sure that it doesn't form a paste. Add cumin seeds to it and mix well with a spoon. Then keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and add cooking oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Add sliced onions, green chillies and saute well.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the prepared paste in step 1 and saute it for 1 minute.
- Add chopped plantains and mix it.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and cover the pan with a lid and allow it to boil.
- In between open the lid and stir it to make sure that it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Once cooked well (around 5-8 minutes) transfer to a bowl.
It is award time again. Thank you so much Jagruthi for this wonderful encouragement.
I would like to share this award with my following friends. Please collect this award and post it in your blog.
Technorati blog claim token
I just registered my blog to technorati. So happy... My token for claim is WS5J2THUU9TG.