Koondhal (Squid) - 3no.s (Big, Cleaned and cut into small pieces)
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 t spoon
Salt - to taste
Red Chilly powder - 1 1/2 t spoon (Less spicy)
Onion - 2 small (Sliced half length wise)
Green Chilly - 2 Nos (Split into half)
Ginger - 1/2 inch (Chopped)
Garlic - 2 cloves (Chopped into fine pieces)
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Cooking Oil - 3 table spoon
Water - 1/2 cup for cooking squid
- Cook the cleaned and chopped squids in an earthen pot (or any vessel) with water, turmeric powder and salt. It will take around 10 minutes for the squids to be cooked.
- Once cooked, drain the water and transfer the squids to a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add sliced onions and green chillies and saute till turns tender.
- Add red chilly powder and salt to taste and mix well.
- Transfer the cooked squid to the pan, mix well and cooked for around 5-7 minutes with lids closed.
- In between open the lid and stir well to make sure that it does not stick to the bottom.
- Garnish with curry leaves and the delicious squid fry is ready to serve.