Chicken - 1/2 kg (Chopped to medium sized pieces)
Black Pepper - 2 1/2 t spoon (Coarsely powdered) (1 1/2 t spoon for marination)
Turmeric Powder - 1 t spoon
Salt - To taste
Coconut Slices - 1/4 cup
Cinnamon Stick - 1/2 inch
Clove - 5 nos
Bay Leaf - 2 nos
Garlic - 5 cloves (Chopped into fine pieces)
Ginger - 1 1/2 inch (Chopped into medium sized pieces)
Onion - 3 nos (Sliced half length wise)
Curry Leaves - 2 sprig
Coriander Leaves - 2 sprig
Oil - 2 1/2 table spoon
Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder, 1 1/2 t spoon of black pepper powder and salt and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a sause pan with oil.
- Add cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaf and saute till fragrant.
- Add coconut slices and saute till it becomes firm.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add the sliced onions and saute well till onions become translucent.
- Then add the marinated chicken, mix well. Cover the sauce pan with the lid and cook over medium flame till the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the remaining pepper powder, curry leaves and mix well and cook it completely.
- Transfer it to a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.