I have seen this very colorful cabbage so many times while shopping, but never had the courage to pick it up and try. Once tried we really started liking it. Unlike the green one, this is quite thick and is very crispy. It is quite easy to cook and is very healthy.
Red Cabbage - 250 gm grated
Grated Coconut - 2 1/2 table spoon
Dried Red Chilly - 4 nos
Turmeric Powder - A pinch
Mustard Seeds - 1 t spoon
Cooking Oil - 2 table spoon
Salt - To taste
Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Heat a pan with oil. I used olive oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds and dried red chilly.
- Add the grated cabbage and stir well.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, grated coconut and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook over low flame for about 3-4 minutes. In between stir to make sure that it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Garnish with curry leaves and it is ready to serve.