Plantain - 1 (Chopped into medium pieces)
Toor dal - 1/2 cup
Shallots - 5 no.s (chopped into half)
Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds - 1/4 t spoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 t spoon
Red chilly powder - 1/4 t spoon
Dried Red chillies - 4 no.s
Garlic - 2no.s ( chopped into fine pieces)
Curry Leaves - few
Salt - to taste
Mustard seeds - 1/2 t spoon
Cooking oil - 1 table spoon
- Soak dal for 30mins.
- Cook dal & plaintain pieces in a pressure cooker with 1 cup of water,turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt & cook for 1 to 2 whistle.
- Grind coconut with cumin seeds and make a paste.
- Add the coconut paste to the cooked dal,3/4 cup water & then cook over low flame for about 3 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add oil. Splutter Mustard seeds, dried red chillies, garlic, shallots, curry leaves. Transfer these contents to the curry.
- A good combo with white rice & fish fry.
Here comes the Awards. I apologise to all my blogger friends as i couldn't comment to their recent posts and couldn't publish the awards too. Sorry for the delay friends.
Awards from Beena & Jagruthi
Thank you so much dearies.
Now, it's not enough just to grab this award, there are conditions and obligations in receiving it:
I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it
I must list 10 honest things about myself
I must put a copy of Honest Scrap logo on my blog
I must select atleast 7 other worthy bloggers and list their links
I must notify the bloggers of the award and hopefully they will follow the above three requirements also.
Here comes the award from Ruchi bedhangal & Deepa
I would like to share these 2 awards with