My very first attempt at cooking was with eggs. "Omlette" ," Bulls eye or Sun, Egg curry".It was my dad who taught me "Cooking with eggs". Thanks to my dad. Those times I used to tell my friends U know my dad cooks well. But luckily they never asked me what all does your dad cook? Now if i ask my dad Can you cook sambar? He will deifintely smile. Later I realized Eggs are Men's Favorite since my hubby also started the same with eggs.Very easy recipe for Bachelor's & Beginners to cook.
Eggs (Mutta) - 4 no.s (Boil and keep it aside.)
Onions - 2 small (Chopped finely)
Tomato - 1 1/2 (Chopped Finely)
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Garlic - 3 cloves
Green Chilly - 2 no.s (Split into half)
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 t spoon
Chilly Powder - 1 t spoon
Chicken Masala Powder - 1 t spoon
Salt - to taste
Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
Coriander Leaves - few chopped
Cooking Oil - 1 1/2 table spoon
- Heat a pan & add cooking oil. Add chopped onions & green chillies. Saute it well till it turns tender.
- Add ginger, garlic and saute well. Add salt to taste, turmeric powder, chilly powder, chicken masala powder and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add a cup of water & cook over medium flame for about 5minutes.
- Add the boiled eggs & spread the curry masalas over it. Add curry leaves & garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Ready to serve. Simple & Good combination with chappathi.
Remove the egg shell of the boiled eggs only once its cooled.
Instead of Chilly powder you can use black pepper powder.
Instead of eggs you can use boiled potatoes also & make it potato curry.