Roasted Rice Powder - 1 cup
Grated Coconut - 3/4 cup
Green Chillies - 2 nos
Shallots - 10 nos
Cumin Seeds - 1 t spoon
Water - 2 cups
Salt - To taste
Dried Red Chillies - 3-4 nos
Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
Mustard Seeds - 1 t spoon
- Grind grated coconut, cumin seeds, green chillies and shallots.
- Add salt to the roasted rice powder and add boiling water in a progressive manner. Stir with a wooden spatula and make sure the rice powder paste doesn't form pellets. Ensure that it is not too watery.
- Add the grinded paste and mix well and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Make small balls out of the dough and steam it for around 5-8 minutes (The time depends on the size of the balls).
- Heat a pan and splutter mustard seeds, red dried chillies and curry leaves.
- Transfer these contents over the kozhukkatta.
- The delicious kozhukkatta can be used as breakfast or starters. It is very healthy as it is steamed.
While grinding, don't add any extra water as the water from shallots will be enough.
Allow kozhukkatta to cool before having.