Last week I was in great mood to make something special. Suddenly thought of Ghee Rice and Egg Masala. And my hubby volunteered to make some nice Grilled Chicken Legs which he is always so fond of. He was insisting "Not too much ghee in ghee rice and egg masala should not be too spicy.". He really don't like too much oily and spicy. So I made the ghee rice less oily and the egg masala a bit spciy!!! But my hubby made the grilled chicken super spicy!!! :)
Basmati Rice - 2 cups (Washed and drained)
Ghee (Ney) - 3 1/2 table spoon
Onion - 1 medium (sliced lengthwise)
Fennel Seeds - 1/4 t spoonCashew Nuts - 5 nos
Raisins - 5 nos
Cardamom - 3 nos
Cloves - 5 nos
Cinnamon Stick - 1 inch (Break into pieces)
Aniseed (Flower) - 1 no
Water - 3 cups (boiled)
Salt - To taste
- Heat a deep sauce pan and add 1 1/2 table spoon of ghee. Add cloves, cinnamon, cashew nuts, raisins aniseed and fennel seeds and heat till fragrant. Transfer to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Add sliced onions to the same pan and saute well till golden brown. Transfer this also to the bowl.
- Add remaining 2 table spoon ghee to the pan and add the drained rice and fry it till it becomes firm and start breaking.
- Add 3 cups boiled water and salt to taste and cover it with the lid and cook over low flame.
- When water is almost over you will see bubbles and holes appearing in rice. At that moment turn off the flame, but don't open the lid and keep it aside for 15 minutes, until the rice is completely cooked.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with the fried onion and spices.
- Delicious neychor is ready to serve with Chicken, mutton, egg or any other varutharacha curries and also with fried items.
Grilled Chicken Legs
Chicken Legs : 4 nos
Chilli Powder : 2 t spoon
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 t spoon
Black Pepper Powder : 1 t spoon
Salt - To taste
- Slit the chicken legs with knife so that it will absorb the masala well.
- Mix all the above ingredients with very little water and apply uniquely over the chicken legs and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven in fan assisted mode for about 5 minutes at 220 C.
- Keep the oven rack in 3rd level from below and place the chicken at the center and grill for 35-40 minutes in fan assisted grill mode.
Many thanks to Cicily Antony, Nithu Bala and Sowmya for presenting me these awards. I feel so excited.
I would like to share these with my following friends.
Priya (Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes)
Rachana (Veggi Fare)
Supriya (My Kook Book)
Nithya (Fourth Sense Samayal!)
Sushma (Authentic Food Delights)
Siddhi (Cooked Dil Se...!!!)
Viki (Viki's Kitchen)