Raw Rice : 2 Cups
Urad Dal : 1 Cup
Fenugreek : 1 table spoon
Cooked Rice : 2 handful
- Soak raw rice and urad dal in water for 4-6 hours and then grind it adding enough water. Make sure that you are adding water only to the extent that batter is thick.
- While grinding add fenugreek and the cooked rice.
- Keep this batter for around 8 hours (usually over night) in a warm place for fermentation.
- Add salt and mix it well till it is dissolved.
- Grease the idli holder with oil and pour the batter up to 3/4th.
- Steam it for around 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the idlies from the holder once it is cooled a little.
Tomato : 1 small
Grated Coconut : 1 Cup
Red Dried Chilly : 2 nos
Ginger : 1/2 inch
Mustard Seeds : 1 t spoon
Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
Salt : To taste
Oil : 1 1/2 t spoon
- Grind tomato, grated coconut, red chilly, ginger and salt to a paste.
- Heat a pan and add oil, splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the paste and 1/4 cup of water, mix well for around 2 minutes.
This participates in the Cooking Basics Event an event by Mahima