Achinga/yard long beans - 250gm/10 - 15 no.s
Onion - 1no.
Green chilly - 3no.s
Mustard seeds - 1/4 t spoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 t spoon
Curry leaves - 1 strip
Grated coconut - 3 table spoon
Cooking oil - 2 table spoon
Salt - to taste
- Wash & clean achinga / long beans and chop into fine pieces.
- Slice onions as we slice for omlette. ( very fine pieces )
- Tear in the middle of green chilly.Chop Curry leaves.
- Heat a pan and add cooking oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds. Then add sliced onions. Saute it well till it turns translucent.You can add 1/2 t spoon of salt while sauting .It allows onions to cook soon.
- Add green chilly & turmeric powder
- Add chopped beans and 3 table spoon of grated coconut and salt to taste & mix it well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5 to 10min on medium flame. In between open the lid and stir the contents.
- Add chopped curry leaves / garnish with curry leaves.
- Its ready to serve.
- Always cook veggie on low or medium flame.
- Its better to put chopped curry leaves while making thoran, so that we never keep it out while eating.