Toor Dal - 1cup
Tomato - 2no.s/3no.s
Onion - 1no.(medium)
Ginger - 1small cut.
Garlic - 2 no.s from 1 pod.
Green chilly - 2no.s
Curry leaves - 1 strip
Turmeric powder - 1/4 t spoon
Red chilly Powder - 1 t spoon
Salt - to taste
Ghee - 1 t spoon
Cooking oil - 1 1/2 table spoon.
- Soak toor dal for about 1/2 hour.
- Slice Onion lengthwise, green chilly into half, slice tomatoes into small pieces.Chop garlic and ginger into minute pieces.Keep it aside.
- Add the soaked toor dal in a pressure cooker. Into it Pour 3 cups of water,1/4 t spoon of turmeric,1 tspoon of red chilly powder, salt to taste, half of sliced onions, sliced green chilly.Cook toor dal for 3 whistles. Remove the lid only when the steam is gone completely.
- Meanwhile heat a pan with 1 cooking oil and add ginger, garlic, saute it for a minute.Add sliced Tomatoes, Saute it very well until the tomatoes becomes soft.
- Once the tomatoes are ready add these contents to the cooked dal on very low flame.Stir it well.
- Heat a pan add 1 t spoon of ghee, Add the other half of onions and saute it till it turns brown.
- Transfer the cooked dal to a serving dish and garnish with sauted onions & curry leaves.
- Now its ready to serve .A very good combination with white rice, chappathi, Rotis.