Chicken - 1 Kg (Sliced in medium pieces)
Onion - 3 medium (Sliced length wise)
Tomato - 3 medium (Sliced length wise)
Green chilly - 3 (Split lengthwise)
Ginger - 1 small (2" in length)(Sliced thin and long)
Garlic - 5 cloves (Sliced length wise)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tspoon
Chilly powder - 1 1/2 table spoon for medium spicy. (If you want more spicy take more)
Coriander powder - 1 table spoon
Pepper powder - 1 table spoon
Chicken masala - 1/2 table spoon
Lime juice - 1 small lime
Cooking oil - 4 table spoon
Curry leaves - 2 strips
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tspoon
Clove - 5Cardamom - 4
Cinnamon stick - 1 small (Split into pieces)
Apply lime juice on the chopped chicken pieces & marinate with salt, turmeric, half the chilly powder, coriander powder & pepper powder specified above. Keep it aside for 20 to 30 mins.
- Heat the cooking vessel and add the oil.
- Once heated add the onions and cook it till it becomes tender.Add salt to taste.
- Add the remaining chilly powder, coriander powder, pepper powder & chicken masala and stir well.
- Add tomatoes, green chilly, ginger, garlic and fennel seeds and stir for around 20-30 secs.
- Add the marinated chicken, close the lid and cook it over low flame. (There will be enough water coming from chicken and tomato. So don't add any water at all)
- Check in between and stir to make sure that it doesn't stick to bottom.
- Once chicken is cooked add curry leaves, clove, cardamom, cinnamon stick and close the lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Now it is ready and transfer to a bowl and garnish with sliced carrots, sliced tomatoes and coriander leaves.