Basmati rice / Jeera rice / White rice - 2 cups
Shelled Green Peas - 3/4 cup
Diced Carrot - 3/4 cup
Whole cloves - 4No.s
Cinnamon stick -1small
Cardamom pods - 3 or 4 bruised
Cumin Seeds - 1 t spoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 t spoon
Ghee - 2 table spoon
Coriander leaves - 1strip
- Wash the rice and allow to dry. (30 - 40 min)
- Heat a heavy sauce-pan and melt ghee. Saute cloves, cardamom, cinnamon. Add cumn seeds.and saute it for a minute
- Add turmeric & rice and stir it well on medium heat for about 2 to 3minutes.
- Add salt to taste, peas, carrots & 4 cups hot water and bring to boil.
- Then cover the sauce-pan with a tight lid. Cook on low flame for about 15 - 20minutes.
- Once cooked, uncover the lid for steam to escape.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Its now ready to serve for 4 to 5 people.