Basmati rice / Jeera rice - 2 cups
Tomato - 2 medium sliced lengthwise
Onion - 1 medium sliced as for omlette
Green chilly - 2 split length wise
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 t spoon
Chilly Powder - 1/2 t spoon
Salt - to taste
Coriander leaves - 1 strip chopped
Cooking oil - 1 1/2 table spoon
- Wash rice and allow water to drain. Keep it aside for 20 mins.
- Heat a deep sauce-pan and add cooking oil.
- Add sliced onions,green chilly. Add salt & turmeric. Saute it well for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and saute well till it becomes tender.
- Add chilly powder and mix well.
- Add rice and stir it well for 2 to 3 mins. Then add 4 cups of water and bring to boil. When it starts boiling, cover the pan with a well fitting lid and cook for 15 to 20 mins.
- Uncover the lid and transfer to a bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Now its ready to serve for 2 to 4 people.