Pavakka (Bitter gourd) - 300 gm/2 no.s
Onion - 1 medium
Green chilly - 1 no.
Curry leaves - 1 strip
Mustard seeds - 1/2 t spoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 t spoon
Salt - to taste
Cooking oil - 1 table spoon
- Chop the cleaned pavakka (bitter gourd) into small pieces and transfer to a bowl.
- Add 1/2 t spoon salt and knead it for 10 - 15 sec.
- Slice onion into small pieces (as for omlette).
- Chop green chilly & curry leaves to very fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add finely sliced onions & saute it till golden brown.
- Add pavakka, green chilly & curry leaves to the pan.
- Add turmeric, remaining salt & stir well.
- Cook for around 3 - 5 mins with the lids closed.
- Pavakka thoran is ready to serve.