Chicken - 500gm (Half chicken cut into medium pieces)
Onion - 1 big (Sliced lengthwise)
Potato - 1 big (Chopped into square shape)
Coconut milk - 1/2 cup thick milk (100 ml)
Coconut milk - 1 cup thin milk (200 ml)
Green chillies - 2 nos. split into half
Ginger - 1" piece (Chopped into fine pieces & crushed)
Garlic - 3 big cloves (Chopped into fine pieces)
Pepper - 1 table spoon (Whole black pepper crushed into coarse powders)
Pepper powder - 1 1/2 t spoon
Cardamom - 3 no.s
Clove - 4 to 5 no.s
Cinnamon stick - 1" stick
Salt - to taste
Cooking oil - 1 1/2 table spoon
Curry leaves - 1 strip
Coriander leaves - 2 sprigs chopped
- Marinate chicken pieces with salt & pepper and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a deep sauce-pan and add cooking oil.
- Add cardamom, cinnamon, clove and saute until its fragrant.
- Add sliced onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and saute well until the raw smell goes off.
- Add marinated chicken pieces and fry it well till the chicken pieces become firm.
- Add chopped potatoes ,salt to taste and thin coconut milk, mix it well & cook over medium flame with lids closed.
- Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Lower the flame and add thick coconut milk.
- Keep it for 2 mins. Add curry leaves.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- It's now ready to serve with bread, vellappam or pallappam.