Mud Crab - 1 no.
Ginger - 1" piece (Chop it lengthwise)
Garlic - 5 no.s (Chop into fine pieces)
Red chilly - 1 no (Non spicy. Chop into fine pieces)
Butter - 2 table spoon
Oil - 300ml for deep frying
Black Pepper - 2 table spoon (coarsely powdered)
Spring Onion - 1 no (Chop into fine pieces)
Soy Sauce - 2 table spoon (Don't add any salt as saltness of sauce will be enough for cooking)
Oyster Sauce - 2 table spoon
Sugar - 1/2 t spoon
Clean the crab well. Separate the outer shell and remove the spongy part. Wash it again well.
Separate the two claws and smash it with a cleaver to create cracks.
Cut off the tip of the remaining smaller claws.
Cut the remaining body into 2 or 4 pieces without removing the smaller claws.
- Deep fry the crab until half-cooked, drain and keep aside.
- Heat a wok and melt butter.
- Put in garlic, black pepper, curry leaves, spring onion and chilies. Saute till fragrant.
- Add crab, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar and mix well.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until the crab is done.
- It is an awesome combination with white rice.