Raw Rice - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 1/2 cup
Jaggery - 1 cup (Melt jaggery with 1/2 cup of water)
Cardamom - 4 - 5
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Raisins - 5 to 6
Cashew nut - 5 to 6
- Wash & clean the rice.
- Take a pressure cooker and add rice with water and bring to boil.(Wait for 1 whistle)
- Add melted jaggery to the cooked rice and stir it well. Cook over low flame.
- Add ghee progressively to it.
- Add grated coconut and mix it and cook for about 5minutes.
- Heat a pan & add 1 t spoon ghee. Add raisins & cashew nuts and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Garnish with roasted cashews & raisins.
Ney payasam reminds me my childhood days. On Saturday evenings we go to temple and just wait for this payasam & at that time I always think how they make it. Time arrived for me that I could make this.
I saw this ney payasam in Sangeetha's site & thought of trying it in a simple way. Thanks to Sangeetha for posting ney payasam.