Semiya (Vermicelli) - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 3 t spoon (vermicelli) + 1 t spoon (frying garnishing items)
Milk - 2 1/2 cup
Water - 1 cup
Sugar - 3 table spoon
Condensed Milk - 2 table spoon
Cardamom - 6 nos
Almond - 7 nos
Cashew Nuts - 6 nos
Kishmish (Raisins) - 5 nos
- Heat a deep wide opened vessel and add ghee and allow to melt.
- Add semiya and fry till golden brown and transfer to a plate and keep it aside.
- Add milk and water to the vessel and bring to boil.
- Lower the flame and add the fried semiya and keep stirring until semiya becomes soft.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add condensed milk and stir it for 5 minutes.
- Now transfer it to a bowl.
- Heat a small pan and add 1 t spoon ghee.
- Add raisins, almonds and cashew nuts and fry it until turns golden brown.
- Garnish the payasam with the fried raisins, almonds, cashews and splitted cardamom.
- Your delicious payasam is ready to serve.