Pumpkin - 420 gm
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 t spoon
Cumin Seed - 1/4 t spoon
Mustard Seed - 1/2 t spoon
Dried Red Chilly - 4 no.s
Urad Dal - 1 t spoon
Cooking oil / Coconut oil - 1 1/2 table spoon
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Chop pumpkin into cube pieces.
- Boil pumpkin in a manchatti (Deep Earthern pot) with enough water (300 ml), salt, turmeric powder.
- Grind 1/2 cup of grated coconut with cumin seeds into fine paste.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, reduce the flame, add the coconut paste to it. Mix it well
- Heat a pan and add cooking oil. Splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, dried red chillies.
- Transfer this to cooked pumpkin. Turn off the flame and keep aside the cooked pumpkin.
- Heat the same pan, add 4 table spoon of grated coconut and curry leaves and fry it till it turns brown.
- Add these to the cooked pumpkin.
- Ready to serve. A part of Kerala Sadhya.